Apples are only in season for a short time in the year, and that is the best time to stock up on piles of fresh local produce to turn into all of your favorite delicious apple recipes. You can make apple pie, or put the extra work in for an extravagant cake, but sometimes it’s the simplest, most wholesome combinations that will keep you coming back for more, which is exactly what you get when you make apple crisp.
What is Apple Crisp?
Apple crisp is a baked dish that consists of a thick layer of apples and a delightful crumble mouthwatering topping that brings all of the flavors together and adds that addictive crunch that you’ll come to crave. It’s a simple dessert, but it can also work as a topping, and it’s fancy enough to serve during the most elegant of occasions so it’s a safe bet no matter what you’ve got in mind.
Apple crisp recipe
This apple crisp recipe cuts out all of the unnecessary sugars so you don’t have to feel too guilty when you indulge in it, and it includes just enough of a potent cannabis hit by using cannabutter to appease moderate to regular consumers. For beginners, a more diluted combination using less cannabutter that is replaced by regular butter might be a safer choice, as the effects of this sinfully sweet dish can be intense and long-lasting. Unfortunately, all of this goodness comes at a price, as this dessert is loaded with calories, but as long as you enjoy it in moderation, it’s worth it to take a diet cheat day.
Preparation time: 3 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
- 2 lbs Granny Smith apples (peeled, cored, and sliced)
- ½ cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons cannabutter
- 6 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 9×9 baking dish
- Large bowl
- Medium Bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, then grease the baking dish using a small amount of the regular butter.
- Add the cornstarch and sugar to a large mixing bowl and use a whisk to break apart any lumps while combining the two ingredients.
- Next, dump the apple slices along with the lemon juice into the bowl and then toss the fruit pieces until they are evenly coated.
- Pour the oats, salt, brown sugar, and flour into a mixing bowl and gently stir the ingredients together.
- Melt both types of butter and then drizzle them across the oat mixture.
- Combine the crumb topping ingredients.
- Scoop the fruit filling layer into the baking dish and follow it with a second layer of the crumble topping mixture.
- Bake the apple crisp for 1 full hour.
- Leave the apple crisp to cool for at least 15 minutes before serving. Otherwise, it might be a bit watery, as the temperature drop allows the cornstarch to work its magic.
Different ways to serve this apple crisp
Apple crisp is absolutely delicious when it’s served warm all by itself, but some like to mix things up a bit by adding topping choices such as ice cream, cool whip, or whipping cream. This apple crisp recipe also makes for the perfect base for homemade ice cream, and it works as a topping for other delicious, warm desserts like pancakes or waffles.