We’re inching so close to fall that people are already starting to talk about what’s right around the corner, Halloween and Christmas, and though these holidays are certainly some of the best times of the year, right now, it’s time to sit back and enjoy what’s left of summer before it’s gone. Whether you’re looking for party or date ideas, or just some fun things to do today while it’s warm and the sun is shining, we’ve got you covered with these five seasonal cannabis-themed activities.
1. Blow some canna-bubbles
Most of us haven’t blown bubbles in ages, but it can be a really soothing activity that can be a whole tonne of fun when you mix it with cannabis, and it actually provides some pretty good exercise for the lungs, but that’s not all this is. Blowing canna-bubbles can be turned into a toking activity on a warm sunny day, and you don’t need much to do it either.
Things you’ll need
- Unpoppable bubble solution
- Bubble wands (the bigger, the better)
- Bubble solution tray
- Smoking device (bong, pipe, joint, vape, etc.)
- Pour enough of the bubble solution in the tray to completely cover the bubble wand once it’s been placed into it.
- Now you’ll need to grab a cup and fill it approximately halfway with unpoppable bubble solution.
- Place 2-3 straws into the cup with the bubble solution.
- Prepare your device by filling it with cannabis and get it lit.
- Take a nice long haul off your chosen device and then quickly pick up the bubble wand and exhale the smoke as hard as you can so that it is contained within a bubble.
- Now at this point, you can sit back and enjoy a beautiful show of floating smoke-filled bubbles, or you can take it to the next level by using the straws and try to inhale the contained smoke. Though you probably aren’t going to get very high, as the smoke cloud has already been filtered through a set of lungs, it can be a lot of fun and quite a challenge to do as you get more stoned with each new one that’s filled.
2. Enjoy some frozen edible treats
When the weather is warm, you’ll crave cold treats, as they can help to take the edge off the temperatures, but as the months slowly turn cold, ice cream and frozen desserts are rarely a passing thought, so this is definitely one of the best things to do today. You could enjoy freshly blended smoothies, canna-pops, fudgesicles with weed, or simply cannabis-infused ice cubes with fruit, which we’ll show you how to make today.
Things you’ll need
- 2 ½ cups of water
- 2 tablespoons cannabis tincture
- ¼ cup grapes
- ¼ cup pineapple chunks
- Ice cube tray
- Pour the cannabis tincture into the water and give it a gentle stir with a whisk.
- Add the water mixture to the ice cube tray and try to fill each of the compartments as evenly as possible.
- Scatter the fruit pieces among all of the ice cube compartments until they are evenly distributed throughout.
- Freeze the ice cubes for at least 3 hours before using them to make smoothies, to flavor hot drinks like coffee or tea, or as a fancy addition to your favourite cold drinks so that you can get elevated while you enjoy them.
3. Build fresh fruit bongs or pipes
Now is the time when most local fruit is coming to a peak, which means that all of your favourites are plentiful and affordable which makes this the perfect time of the year to experiment with different types to create homemade pieces. This is one of those date ideas that could be seductive, as you could pick fresh fruits together before taking them home and arranging them into a bong or a pipe to try out together. It’s a quiet, intimate activity that could take up the entire day, and one of the simplest options out there would be the strawberry pipe.
What you’ll need
- 1 large strawberry
- 1 large toothpick
- Paring knife
- To start, you’ll want to wash the fruit to make sure that it’s free of germs.
- Now visually inspect the strawberry and hold it sideways. The side that is facing upwards will be the one where you’ll make in a bowl, and the sweetest tip of the strawberry will eventually be the mouthpiece, so keep this in mind as you work.
- Use a paring knife to carve a fair-sized bowl into the side of the strawberry, as far away from the tip of the fruit as possible. Make sure that it sinks a centimeter or two at least so that it will be easier to connect to the mouthpiece.
- Take the toothpick and carefully drill a hole at the front of the very tip of the strawberry into the bottom on the bowl that you just carved.
- Use the toothpick to poke holes down into the bowl without allowing the tool to poke through to the other side.
- Try to take a draw from the strawberry, can you take a breath through it? If not, you might need to drill out the hole that connects the mouthpiece to the bowl just a little bit more to allow the air and, eventually, the smoke to flow through.
- Once you are confident in the draw, you can pack the freshly carved bowl and give it a light to test it out. The sweet fruit juices will dance across your lips with each toke, making for a delicious and sweet flavored experience.
4. Have a long soak in the sun with CBD
The sun can help you to sleep better, feel better, and just be healthier, as it provides us with much-needed nourishment that is difficult to replace through diet alone. Unfortunately, it also has downsides which are why our list of fun things to do includes a good soak in the sun. That could mean that you douse yourself in cannabis tanning oil to protect your skin or that you fill a small pool or tub with water and soak as much of your body as possible in the glory while you soak up the rays knowing that your skin is in the best of hands and is healthy. To make cannabis tanning oil is a simple process, and we’ll walk you through.
What you’ll need
- 1 bottle of coconut oil
- 3 teaspoons of sunscreen
- 1 teaspoon of cannabis oil
- 1 bowl
- 1 container to hold it all
- Slowly pour each of the ingredients into a bowl and then whisk them together until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Now transfer the mixture from the bowl to the container, preferably using one with an airtight lid.
- Use this cannabis tanning oil before each time you go out in the sun to get a golden tan without the hot red burn.
5. Smoke a joint and take in the sights, sounds, and smells of the season
We know that we promised 5 different activities but this one forces you to consider what matters most to you, which can turn what you do next into the most meaningful memory ever. Is there somewhere special that you’ve always wanted to smoke a joint or see? Or is there an activity that you miss most once winter hits because the snow takes over? Try to think of things that will be the most fulfilling for you, and when you’re ready to do them, make sure to pack a good bag to take along for the adventure.
What you might need:
- Someone special
- A bag of weed
- Smoking device
- A plan that includes something that you’ll miss most as the temperatures cool
Of course, we can’t tell you how you’d do this activity exactly with precise step by step instructions, but often looking within is exactly what you need to figure that out for yourself. You can have fun doing simple stoner things, or you can go anywhere that your dreams and budget can take you, and while you do it, you can be sure to enjoy every single second of what’s left of summer before it’s gone.